Saturday, August 10, 2013

Saying Good-bye:(

Friday was my last day at the farm, and today my last day in Goochland. Friday evening I had to say bye to the camp counselors and my roommate Claire. It was sad to be leaving all these wonderful people I had met, but they made me feel so loved. Lets just say I got an epic group hug at the camp dinner. Then I met Steve and Mandy at their house and we carpooled (with Mike as well- the fall farm intern) to Dominick's house in Richmond. It was the Shalom Farms end of the summer dinner. Almost everyone was there which was a blast. Dom, Claire, and Steve (the three full time Shalom employees). Kate, Mike, Chase and I (the farm peeps). Love and Cheralyn (city interns). Mandy and Ben (significant others). Oh and Megan, sibling love:) Anyways, we ate a yummy vegetarian dinner from a restaurant called Fresca's (I think?!?). I got to give my cards to Dom, Claire, Steve and Mandy. If you don't know this about me already: I am a big card writer, note leaver, and letter sender. I feel I can express myself best via writing. Shalom gave Love, Cheralyn and I going away gifts which was so sweet! A book about farming and faith, which I can't wait to read. Kate gave me some of her homemade body scrub and a very kind card. Steve also gave me a card which meant the world to me. It was a great night. It was really hard to say goodbye to my Shalom family. But the beautiful part is seeing how I have had the opportunity to develop new relationships and love on these people and let them love on me. Megan and I harvested this morning, finished packing up and cleaning, visited a friend in Richmond, and then made it home in time for dinner with Chip. So I'm here for four days, then headed to Blacksburg. I was bummed to leave the farm, but I'm also totally excited for classes and a new semester and being back in the burg.

No comments:

Post a Comment