Sunday, August 4, 2013

A Great Last Weekend:)

This weekend was a blast! Friday I worked 8-12:30, had lunch at the camp, and then headed to Fridas Mexican in Goochland to meet Angie. Angie was spending the weekend in Midlothian celebrating her friend's birthday so she stopped by the Gooch for Friday afternoon. It was actually nice to get off camp and hang with Angie. Also Friday our new Fall intern arrived. His name is Mike and he is 35 years old. Has lived in Charlottesville and Philly. He wants to be a farmer so he is the Fall intern for Shalom. I kind of showed him the things he needed to know on camp and brought him to the camp dinner. We have a week overlap which is good, so this way he can learn my routine and routes for the rest of August. Friday night I went to the camp program and then Taylor (a camp counselor who is actually also a junior at Tech) and I headed to Glen Allen to visit her mom and stay the night at her house.

Saturday we had Panera for breakfast which was really yummy and then drove back to camp at noon for the ultimate frisbee game. Our camp (west view) played their rival camp (hanover) in a frisbee game. I played!! And I wasn't as bad as I was expecting haha. We crushed them though and it was so fun. Then we had a cookout. Taylor and I left at 2pm and headed to her Grandma and Grandpas house which was pretty close. We got to talk to them for a bit and then go pet their horses! I was lovin that.

Today we slept in and then just packed back up for camp. Dinner is at 5:45 tonight and it is going to be a busy week for the camp and Shalom Farms so I am trying to rest, do laundry, and mentally prepare for the hectic week.

Signing off,
Kels

No comments:

Post a Comment