Saturday, August 24, 2013

NSO!!!!

NSO: New Student Outreach. IV's NSO has been so busy, so successful, and so exciting. Meeting new freshman, some of whom have faith in God and want to be missional already and others who really are not interested in religion and don't believe in God: we welcome both and look forward to reaching out and getting to know both types of people and everyone in between. We had an ice-cream social that had a great turn-out and we got contact info from lots of students. Today we had a frisbee game, which was really fun! It's been cool to see our student leaders step up to the plate and be so welcoming and intentional. It's also cool to see how God has been working on our campus and I'm curious to see what big things he has in store.

So my leaf lettuce has little sprouts growing up- how exciting! And I have had lots of time to do crafts (which I love doing) and I just painted this table white I found in a dumpster. Next, I am going to decorate it by painting a flower on it. It's been really nice to make this new apartment feel like home. We've been doing no AC, window's and porch open which has been lovely. And last night we had a bunch of friends from our apartment complex come up and have game night! Tonight IV is playing Walleyball (which is like volleyball and racquetball combined... SO EPIC). So I have invited some freshmen who will hopefully enjoy it and meet some new friends.

Got my books, got my planner, all unpacked: ready for classes Monday! Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment