Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Hokie Helpers!

So Monday evening until Tuesday afternoon I was in Floyd, Va (45 min from Blacksburg) at Inter Varsities leaders retreat. It was really great to see all the small group leaders: get to know the sophomores better and reconnect with the upper class-man. We just went over New Student Outreach events and tried to get everyone pumped for the freshmen coming and a new semester. Last night we had our Returners 180 (large group for IV). It was really nice and a fellow Vision Team member, Jordan, gave a really nice talk. 

Today was the first day of freshman move-in and IV did the Hokie Helpers (volunteer move in crew) shift from 12-4. It was really fun to move people in and introduce ourselves. Then I had a meeting with my advisor to talk about my independent study, based off my internship. We decided to title it "Learning through outdoor and farm experiences." It will be about the psychology of outdoor experiences and children's happiness, comprehension, and ability to focus. As well as teacher student relations in alternative learning environments... and more. The class is to help me learn more about what I began learning this summer as well as prepare me for future career aspirations. We will taylor the class for what is important and interesting to me. I am pretty excited. So we will see how that goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment