Monday, June 10, 2013

Weekend Fun

So Thursday night rain was predicted to be heavy all weekend, so Steve told me I would not have to work on the farm Friday and could take a three day weekend. So I went to Blacksburg, man I've missed that place. Had a nice weekend with some Tech friends: went to the river, dinner out, watched The Help, hammocked. So fun! Last night I had dinner with the counselors and met a super sweet girl who is also a junior at Tech and does Young Life. I couldn't sleep Saturday night so last night I went to bed at like 9:30, I was soooo tired. This morning= harvesting... 7:30-11. We got some tomatoes, beets, carrots, collard greens, cabbage, and cucumbers. Really yummy veggies! Farm to table:) that's the hope! Then I headed to the city to drop off produce and do a farm stand. I loved this afternoon. Being with people and kids all working for the same thing was so cool! And this adorable little boy named Andrea sat on my lap the whole time. Tomorrow is lobby time; I'm ready to get all political y'all- activism, bring it!

1 comment:

  1. Kels-a-Kels....seems like Monday was a great day. I have no doubt you experienced that DC summertime heater Tuesday. Love you

    ReplyDelete