Monday, June 3, 2013

Move In Day



So last night (Saturday) I COULD NOT FALL ASLEEP!! Typical! My mind was racing 1,000,000 thoughts per minute. Fell asleep around 4ish, so when my alarm went off at 8:30am I was feeling rough. Luckily, a few hours into the morning and I started feeling better. Melinda and I drove the Honda; Dad in a U-Haul (for the Charlottesville apartment move-out, aka not for me haha) and Megan in the suburban. The cabin is nice.  Smooth wood floors, a nice double bed, and an A.C. unit in the window- Praise the Lord! The bathroom, on the other hand, is well rough. It is only a 30 second walk over, but it is filled to the brim with daddy long legs and moths and is stuffy hot. My sister, dad and Melinda are gone. I am here. It is exciting and strange. I have tried to make the cabin homier. I have picture collages on the wall, candles on the tables, and a hanging calendar. Remember that time I forgot all the clothes I had hanging in my closet… and a pillow… yep that is classic Kels. Luckily, Melinda is going to D.C Tuesday or Wednesday and will meet me at the Goochland exit to bring it to me. Sweetest girl ever! So all will be good. Oh also, remember that time when one of my biggest fears for this summer is a night thunderstorm… Well guess what is predicted for my first night here… a thunderstorm!! Ahhh!! 

1 comment:

  1. You should post pictures of your cabin once you get all settled in! I can't wait to see what it looks like.

    ReplyDelete