Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th!!!

      Well to catch you up from Tuesday... Tuesday night at 9:45 Angie arrived and we had a great time catching up. Wednesday she worked with me on the farm from 8-12:30. We harvested SO many cucumbers, we were out there for multiple hours. We also got to harvest cantaloupe which of course we made into a game where I would pick the melon and throw it at Angie who would catch it and then put it in the wheel barrow and push the wheel barrow as we walked down the row. Then at 12:30 we headed to the camp for lunch. We were so sweaty and dirty from coming straight from the farm that EVERYONE was staring at us.. and I even got an "Ewwww" from Adam (a camp counselor). Anyways, we finished lunch. Changed and got cleaned up. Then adventured to Food Lion to get the rest of the supplies for dinner. We had a rainy, chill afternoon and then dinner at home. Angie left at 7:30 and I was going to go to camp skits, but I was so exhausted from farm work and being social that I couldn't get out of bed. So I journaled (which felt so good!), read a book, and went to bed at 8:45ish. Slept till 7:15ish. I got like 10 hours of sleep, I felt like a new person in the morning.
     Today I didn't have to work at the farm at all! So I had every meal on camp. After breakfast I went to archery with the mini campers (the 5-7 yr olds who come for half a week). Then we walked to the lake... I switched groups so I could do the water trampoline. I ended up doing 4 groups (two before lunch and 2 after) on the water trampoline. It was a blast, and I loved blobbing kids! And doing the rope swing. BUT I was in the sun all day and running on a water trampoline and swimming and climbing up a latter... aka I got real tired. But I went to the apartment at 5. Rinsed off, put my fourth of july spirited clothes on and headed out. Dinner with the campers and then party at Steve and Mandy's house. They had some people over, good food, Steve's band played some, and then FIREWORKS!! The Goochland fireworks show was literally right next to their neighborhood which is awesome. So I really enjoyed watching the fireworks (they even had a heart shaped firework which I think is so cool!).  So successful day for sure. Hope everyone had a great fourth!
Love,
     Kels

1 comment:

  1. Such a busy gal! I know it makes you happy! Miss you kels!

    ReplyDelete