Sunday, May 18, 2014

What day is it? Don't matta, I'm in Italy

Florence Day 1! I made it. Praise God. I left Blacksburg at 2ish Saturday, drove to DC. Left Dulles airport at 10:20pm, flew overnight, stopped in Munich Sunday 1pm (their time- 7am our time). Left Munich for Florence at 13:55 and made it to Florence around 15:30. My apartment is on the outskirts of the city, which is kind of nice. It isn't too touristy. Our apartment is Borgo Pinti, 86 50121 Firenze, Italy BUT to send a letter to me (Sara and Katie) SAI said to send it to:
   Kelsey Riggs
   C/I SAI Programs
   Via dei Benci; 21
   50122- Firenze
   Italia
Tonight we met each other. I am rooming with a girl named Anna from Golden, Colorado (and originally from Columbia). Our apartment mates are Mac and Felicity, two super down to earth, awesome girls. Our apartment is super cute! We have a little patio thing, hard wood floors, a retro looking yellow fridge, etc. The streets are really narrow here and people drive crazy and will hit you if you don't move. Almost everyone speaks English, so a language barrier shouldn't be an issue. Tonight we went to the D'uomo (cathedral) which was incredibly beautiful and then got dinner at this cute little restaurant. I got pistachio gnocchi, so yum. I couldn't finish it though, I got to full and they don't do left-overs here so that was a bummer. I just showered and we are figuring out stuff for tomorrow and all the things we need to do/buy. So far, I have only forgotten pajamas and well that's easy cause I have t-shirts and sport shorts. I don't re-read these nor do I often edit, so I apologize for that. More to come!
This was on the plane, so fancy

The red dot is where we walked to tonight

The street outside my apartment

The D'uomo (Cathedral)

Gnocchi (potato pasta) with pistachios

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh! You're there and already milking Italy for all it's worth! I'm jealous (but in an I'm so happy for you I wish I was there kind of way) that you got to visit the D'uomo! And what is up with the no leftovers!??! That gnocchi looked amazeballs! Keep posting when you can...I'm loving it!!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete