Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Just Another Terrific Tuesday

No crazy adventures in the past few days, just some small ones:) Sunday we went to a new farmer's market called Mercato di Sant'Ambrogio. I got some yummy peppers, lettuce, strawberries, parmesan cheese, and apples. Then we went to a flea market on the street to check out the vendors, the goods, and the prices. We are going to go back to get stuff once we've thought about it a little more. Then for dinner we went to this vegetarian place, so dang cute and really great atmosphere (but overpriced in my opinion). I love hippie Italians:) Then we walked to Piazzale Michelangelo BUT it had just rained so we the clouds were covering the sunset. Good thing we still have 11 more weeks to walk there and watch the sunset!! Then we stopped at the "beach" on the Arno River for a drink. It was super small and cute. There were some trees with chinese lantern lights and hammocks. What else. Monday I went for a run. I like doing that here; it makes it feel like home for some reason, makes me feel like I'm more comfortable here. Plus, it's a great way to explore new parts of Florence. Then we went to the da Vinchi museum. It was cool, but I wasn't super impressed. I love a good museum and this one was eh at best. Oh well! You don't know till you try. Today, back to classes. After class I made my roomies go to a park with me to read:) I'm reading a book called The Call by Os Guinness (it's for my fellows program for next year). Dinner at home tonight then sports night! I'm not sure what that will look like, but my roomies and I signed up (it's organized through our program) and we figured it could be fun! And good exercise potentially. That's all for now folks...

5 comments:

  1. Love that you're enjoying exploring and doing stuff with your roommates!! How is your elbow faring on all of these big and little adventures? I'm loving all of your updates and praying for your peace, continued enjoyment, and to feel at home while you're there. Miss you and love you...enjoy a glass of Italian vino for me! Ciao, Bella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsey. Sports night while your arm is healing ? Please tell me you are a spectator!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are having a good time my Latin daughter. I love you, Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heard Os Guinness speak this year! Excited to hear your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete