Sunday, November 24, 2013

Made it home

So I left Blacksburg Thursday around 2 and headed to Lynchburg. I got to spend the afternoon and night with Grandma Gracie and Papa John. It was so nice to see them. We had a really nice spegetti dinner Thursday night (John defrosted some of his yummy mushroom sauce for the vegetarian- SO YUM!). I legitimately couldn't keep my eyes open at 9:30pm so I went to bed and slept so well. Friday morning GG and I baked some treats for my Richmond visits, then John made his special waffles and we had a nice brunch. I loaded up the car (dad needed some furniture brought home that he had been storing there). Then on to Goochland! I spent the afternoon with Steve (the farm manager from this summer) and his family. I got to visit the farm, it looks so different. There are so many awesome renovations, it was so nice to go back. I miss it for sure. The Miles fed me dinner, Mandy is such a great cook and I love spending time with their fam. Then I headed to Richmond, got to see Owen and his parents which was really fun. They live right on the James River, it was beautiful. I finished the night by heading to Glen Allen to stay the night with Taylor. Had a nice lazy morning with Tay and then had lunch with Kate (farm friend) and got to see her and her boyfriend Ben's new place. It was awesome! I left Richmond around 2:30 and got to Norfolk around 4:10. Dinner with all the siblings, Megan's boyfriend Tyler, and Papa Charles and Billie. It was really fun! It is definitely nice to be on break and be home. I had been home for 4 days and August, but other than that haven't been home since May. Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment