Sunday, February 16, 2014

Happy Birthday Papa Bear!!! :)

“My father didn’t tell me how to live. He lived, and let me watch him do it.” – Clarence Budington Kelland

So the quote is not spot on, because my dad does verbally instruct me how to live and helps guide my path, but I like this quote so much because I truly believe that actions do speak louder than words. My father verbalizes truths to me; but more importantly he lives and lets me watch him- and that is his greatest lesson. My dad teaches me to be organized, intentional, and balanced- I learn this from the way he keeps a home and does life. My dad teaches me to work hard and diligently; as working for the Lord and not for men. I see this in his work life; the way he works tirelessly as a Mortgage Loan Officer. My dad teaches me to be patient, forgiving, humble, persistent, and loving-- he does this by the way that he faithfully loves the women he married. And although they are divorced, he continues to feel called to love and care for her. I used to see it as weakness; I now see it as the strength and beauty of a man pursuing God obediently even when it is confusing or hard. I have always had a special relationship with my dad and I feel so incredibly blessed for that. And I'm sure he'll read this and think I was just going on and on about how great he is so for his sake I will create a disclaimer... My dad is not perfect (but man oh man is he pretty darn close). 

Dad, Happy Birthday. I love you so much and pray you have a blessed day. 
Love,
Grace-oline 

No comments:

Post a Comment