Monday, January 20, 2014

Road Trip 2014

So my roommates Sara and Katie took a road trip with me at the end of break! It was a great adventure. Sara and I hitched rides from Richmond to Leesburg to Hamilton, New Jersey. There, Katie picked Sara and I up from our friend's house. We then drove to Sea Girt, NJ. We got to see where Katie worked in high school, the beach she grew up hanging out at, and more. We stayed at her mom and step dad's house, but were 5 minutes away from her Dad and step mom- so we got to spend time with them as well. Friday we woke up at 5:30 and took a train into New York City Baby!! Sara had never been, so it was really cool to be with her as she got to see all the highlights of NYC. We were tuckered out by 4pm though and so we trained it home. That night we had pizza with Katie's younger siblings and step mom which was a blast. We spent one more full day in Sea Girt: ate at the local diner, played apples to apples with Katie's mom and her friends, went to the melting pot for dinner!

Jersey to McLean, Va where we stayed a night with my family: the Alberi's. We went to dinner at Seasons 52 at Tyson's Corner which was super yummy. Then Monday morning we got a sweet VIP tour of the Capitol- my great uncle Bob hooked us up haha.

McLean to Norfolk where Sara and I got to meet my family. Monday we got in around 4 so we just hung with Meg and Nate and watched a movie. Tuesday we had lunch with Granga and Megan which was a blast! G is a hoot! And then Sara and Katie got the Virginia Beach tour and saw where I grew up, my elementary school, church, etc. Then dinner with Dad and the siblings at Captain Groovy's.

Norfolk to Richmond where Sara departed from us to head home to Charlotte, NC. Katie and I spent Wednesday afternoon in Goochland visiting the farm and camp. We then had dinner at Steve and Mandy's house. It was really good to catch up with them, and cool for Katie to see everything I experienced this summer with my internship. Then Thursday we hung in Richmond with Owen and Jordan: did Cary town, went ice-skating, had dinner at Owen's house.

Richmond to Lynchburg. Katie and I visited GG and PJ for the night. We went to Indian for dinner which was a treat! Then waffles for breakfast and we hit the road: Tech bound.

Now we're home! It was a great road trip, but it's so nice to be settled in. Classes start tomorrow, I'm really excited but I am taking 18 credits which is gonna kick my butt:/ Oh well. I'll make it work, always do.
Central Park


Sara and I outside the Today show

Melting Pot: SO MUCH FOOD!!!!!

Rockefeller

Time Square
Rosa Parks statue at the Capitol in DC

Dinner with Papa John, Grandma Gracie, and Katie

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like so much fun!! Wow you really went all over! Let's talk soon tender kels!

    ReplyDelete