Monday, September 23, 2013

A New Small Group, Crafts, and my Week

So I am now a small group leader. What?! Yep:) My friend Jamie and I (both of whom are on vision team) felt led to start a small group for our friends who do believe in Jesus but don't know what that looks like or what to do with it and our friends who are not sure whether or not they believe. It's awesome. It is just super open and real, I am stoked to get into it further and start studying scripture together. Thankfully because this adds more commitment to my already pretty full plate, my 180 planning co-leader has agreed to take more logistical duties in reference to planning large group. So that's a huge blessing.

I need to put a picture up, but I've been crafting a lot and it's been really relaxing for me. I found a small round side table in a dumpster and I got some white paint for free from a friend. So I painted it white then painted a blue and yellow flower and green vines coming down the three pegs. I am pleased although I may do a little more to it. And I am doing that paper towel roll craft again. But this time I am making small flowers connected to vines. I know this all has to be hard to picture so I gotta put some pictures up!

I've had a lot of papers and assignments due, but this Thursday is my first exam! Eek! Luckily some of my good friends and roommate Katie have exams this week so we're gonna up the library this week. As we like to say, "You a'int livin unless you're libbin." So I am feeling good about homework, I think I have enough time to get it all done this week, but we'll see how I'm feeling wednesday morning haha. Also, this weekend is IV's Fall Retreat so I will be at Watermarks camp in Scottesville, VA this weekend so I want to get all my Monday homework done this week. It's super exciting though because it's my first year going!

No comments:

Post a Comment